Aperture

This week, we focused on aperture. I took photos of colored pencils, and I thought these two were the best.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/4.5, 1/160, ISO-3200

This is my shallow depth of field photo. I liked this one because of how clear the tip of the red pencil ended up being. I also liked the reflections of the pencils on the table, since they created an interesting visual effect. Something I didn’t consider at first is that there is a bit of glare from the lights, which does make it seem a bit less in focus. If I did something similar, I would pay a bit more attention to the light reflections.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, 1/29, 1/2 sec, ISO-1600

This is my broad depth of field photo. While I thought this photo turned out pretty good, I thought it seemed like everything was a bit blurry. I’m guessing this is because of either the lighting reflecting on the pencils, or my aperture was a bit too high, and made everything seem a bit blurry. Other than that, I liked the reflections of the pencils and cabinet on the table, I thought it added a bit more color into the photo but not too much to distract your attention from the colored pencils. If I were to do this again, I would definitely try to get it just a bit more in focus, or at least figure out why the photo seems just a bit blurry.