Designing your own photoshoot

Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/6.3, 1/400 sec, ISO-3200

This was my favorite photo of this photoshoot. I happened to have deer come into my backyard while I had a telephoto lens, which allowed me to get some really cool photos of them. I liked this one the best because the deer’s eyes are in focus, and the background is blurred so it doesn’t distract too much. I thought the angle was also kind of interesting, because you can see both of their ears. There’s a bit of blur over the whole photo because I had taken the picture through a window and didn’t realize there was a reflection, but I don’t think it distracts too much.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/6.3, 1/400 sec, ISO-3200

I liked this one because it’s one of the most clear photos I got. There’s also a tree in the background that somewhat frames the deer. The main thing that bugs me is that I think the forehead is the most in focus as opposed to the eyes. The fence is also peeking into the photo, which I would have preferred to not be there.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/6.3, 1/640 sec, ISO-3200

I like how in this one his head is kind of peeking out from behind a bush. The background is a bit busy though, and you can really see the reflection in the window for this one.

In this one, the deer’s head is behind the bush, which I thought looks interesting. Especially since you can see the rest of their body. I would have liked for the deer to be a bit clearer, since they don’t draw your attention quite as much as I would have liked, but I still like the composition. The leaves in the bush also make it just a bit busy.