Jubilee Farms Photoshoot

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/18, 1/160 sec, ISO-1600

I really like this photo because the sun had come out just enough that the lighting was really interesting, and I liked the pop of orange from the pumpkins at the bottom of the photo. I did have some difficulty getting the exposure to be at a good amount, since the sky was really bright and parts of the tree were bright, but I didn’t want the dark spots to be really dark. I think mostly I’m happy with the amount of exposure, but I do feel like it’s a bit bright and might have looked a bit better with less exposure. I am very happy with this photo though, it is tied for being my favorite with the picture below.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/29, 1/100 sec, ISO-12800

In this photo you can see there were a bunch of crows around, and I managed to get this picture just as some were taking off, which I really liked. There are two main crows in flight, and then you can see a lot more just taking off above the sunflowers, and I thought that helped draw the viewers eye to those two crows. I also like the path on the right, and the contrast between the dark ground and the bright sky. I once again think maybe I would have played around with the exposure a bit more, but I think maybe the darker ground actually sets a very interesting mood for the picture. My one main nitpick is that you can see some of a telephone pole peeking into the photo on the right, instead of all of it or none or it. I think this ended up being tied for my favorite photo, while I have some nitpicks I just really like how it looks.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/5.6, 1/400 sec, ISO-800

In this photo I was focusing on aperture. I took several pictures of this sunflower, but I liked this one the most because the middle was the part in focus, and I thought the angle worked well. I really ended up liking the contrast between the yellow-orange bits and sunflower seeds, and that the orange area is in focus. I was pleasantly surprised at how happy I am with this one.

Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/5.6, 1/4000 sec, ISO-3200

I took this picture looking over the sunflowers while a lot of the crows were flying overhead. There happened to be one sunflower that was taller than most of them, which you can see in the picture. I liked how it kind of looked like the crows were coming from the flower, and that they all spread out from there. I also was happy with how you can see the tips of other sunflowers at the bottom of the photo, which creates a neat effect.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/5.6, 1/4000 sec, ISO-3200

In all honesty I have oddly mixed feelings about this photo. I was focusing on aperture and managed to get the center of the flower in focus but not the front and back, which I was proud of. The area around the flower is very clear and has several little details that jump out nicely. I don’t have a particular nitpick, but somehow it feels off to me. I was debating for a while on whether or not to include it, but I do think it’s very pretty even if I have slightly mixed feelings about it. I think maybe the center of focus is just a bit off from where I was originally trying to get it to be, and that’s why it feels a bit odd to me. It’s definitely growing on me though.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/22, 1/1000 sec, ISO-12800

This is a pretty simple photo, but I really liked the peaceful feeling it had, and I was trying to get a nice landscape photo. The tree is on the rule of thirds, the pathway is a bit diagonal and also on the rule of thirds, and I just think the composition turned out quite nice. I think the sky is a bit bright, but the ground is a good level of exposure, so I think that’s fine. The photo has nice variety in fall greens, yellows, and subtle warm colors, and I like that a lot.