Birds

I took a lot of pictures this week, it took me quite a while to sort through them, and I had quite a few more pictures I really liked that I didn’t put here.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/5.6, 1/1000 sec, ISO-800

This ended up being my favorite picture. Which I found kind of funny since I had gone to specifically take pictures of the swans and geese, and took a couple pictures of this crow but they turned out really well. I like how his head is tilted, and that it’s in focus. You can see the feathers really well, and the lighting was good.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/18, 1/1000 sec, ISO-800

I really loved how you can see the light through the feathers of their wings, it created a really gorgeous effect. Their wings are also spread out in a similar way, which looks very cool.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/6.3, 1/1000 sec, ISO-800

All these birds are flapping their wings in a similar shape, which I think looks very cool. While I really like this photo, the birds weren’t as in focus as some of my other photos, so it isn’t quite my favorite.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/9, 1/1000 sec, ISO-800

I loved how the lines of trees create a kind of gradient on this one. Dark trees on the bottom, lighter green, then the sky. I thought it contrasted very well, and the wing is very clear.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/10, 1/1000 sec, ISO-800

This one is so close to being one of my favorites, but the trailer in the direct middle of the background really bugs me. I loved that one bird is just taking off, and you can very clearly see their wings, while all the other birds are facing the same direction. The background is just not that great unfortunately.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/2.1, 1/1000 sec, ISO-800

I enjoyed this one because the swan in the center is much taller than most other birds, so they stick out more. I did feel like the photo looks a bit busy, and I might’ve crouched more to have the one swans head stick up more.