Shutterspeed: Capturing Action and Motion Blur

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/5.6 1/500 sec, ISO-25600

This was my favorite photo of my shutter speed photos for this week. I wanted to capture the cards looking still while falling, and I liked how they seemed to twirl around Sam in this picture. It reminded me a bit of some kind of card wizard.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/7.1, 1/500 sec, ISO-25600

In this photo I also wanted to take a picture of the cards as they fell. I Liked how some were already on the ground on this point, and some were just coming into frame. It made it seem a bit like a shower of cards.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/18, 1/2 sec, ISO-400

I thought this one looked quite funny because of how the background was still, and Sam was kind of just a moving blob. You can see one his hands, which is kind of the only clear thing. I thought it was also positioned nicely in the photo, whereas other photos similar to this had Sam halfway out of frame or not looking quite right.

Settings: Canon EOS Rebel SL2, f/22, 1/8 sec, ISO-6400

I liked how the white part of the hockey stick turned out in this. Although the red part is a bit harder to see and I would have liked it to be a bit more visible. I think the background may have made it harder to see, so I think if I were to do it again I would try against a different background.